Project Unity

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Unity is a 2D Isometric MMORPG.

Update Live - 4/11/2017 - First Major Update!!

Mercy
    Mercy
    Admin

Update Live - 4/11/2017 - First Major Update!! Empty Update Live - 4/11/2017 - First Major Update!!

Post by Mercy Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:17 am

We have shut the servers down for migration to the new ones, and we're very excited to finally be able to do this for you guys! This is our first major update and we're being a completely new take to Project Unity with an incredibly amount of features, and changes!

Balancing Changes:

We've been watching and observing the pace of player leveling throughout the mid-late game, specifically upon reaching level 45+, and we've noticed it's a very swift progression rate at that point. Post-update we will be making a lot of balancing changes to items, experience, and NPCs.

NPC Changes:

A large complaint we've had from various people was that NPCs are not a challenge, and provide no real reason for fighting them if not a challenge. In this update we will be heavily focusing on making NPCs a challenge, and making it so they're worth the time and overall effort. This includes drops to them, and making it so you need either a group, or you need potions to be able to take the boss down. We feel this is a good route.

EXP Changes:

EXP rates have been an ever-changing things, but we've found pretty much a solid solution to the arising issue int he exp curve, and a proper balance to it. Come the update we will be pushing this into motion.

Item Changes:

Items at this current moment hold no real value or reason to have, and we're definitely going to be making a change to that. As of this update items will be harder to obtain, but they will be obtained in a reasonable time-frame using accurate drop rate calculations.

New Devil's Gate:

This is a personal favorite of mine considering the time and effort put into it to make it such an incredibly unique Devil's Gate compared to any other you've ever seen. I can't even begin to describe it, but I'll try my best. There's far too much to go with involving it.

To start with, there's a 'survivors compensation' reward for if you only survive to a set amount of waves. The reason we have this is because we won't be warping people back into Devil's Gate anymore, and we'll have the compensation reward for you for losing out. It took a lot of trial and error, but it was a fun addition and it's going to spice up Devil's Gate.

A round-based timer currently set to 30 seconds to prepare you for each oncoming wave has been added in.

Each wave of NPCs offers you the change to gain a unique reward based on a % chance, you will be notified of your % winning chance or if you've obtained anything. This is unique to each player and is not one set reward per player.

Level requirements per wave. - This one's a biggie. The waves start out at level 7, and end at level 55 for the time being. This means that if you're a level 7 heading into Devil's Gate, you'll be kicked out after wave 3 as that's the highest a level 7 solo(or group of 7s) is able to get to. The same goes for any of the other level ranges in there.

I won't give details on any other additional Devil's Gate information as that's a lot as is.

Added Commands

[+]Compare Command - Allows you to drag and drop multiple items to compare their stats and information.
    [+]Sit - An alternative to f11 has been added in, allowing you to sit through it.
    [+]S/Stand - Allows you to stand from sitting.
    [+]Overlay - Allows you to open up an overlay paperdoll used for specific overlay items that we enable.
    [+]Members - Allows you to view active players with memberships.

Arena Event!

We have added in an arena event. Every several hours you are able to enter the arena event via #Arena and it will launch you to the event. Winning the arena event will net you a random reward, most of which will be usable in the upcoming arena shop. - Note: The arena event will be enabled at a later time and so will the arena shop.

Skin Changers:

Okay. This is my personal favorite. This is exactly what it says it is! A skin changer that allows you to toggle whatever skin is set to it, on and on off, it also persists through logout. e;g; if you're tanned and have panda changer it'll change you to a Panda and if you log out it will remain. These will be given out through special events.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you guys are as excited for this update as we are! I haven't even talked about 1/4th of the features we've added in, these are just a few! You'll see many more as you play and I'm certain you'll love them! Smile

And please keep in mind that there may be some bugs, and a lot of the balancing changes have not yet been implemented, but will be.

I will update this topics title when the update is live.

Last edited by Mercy on Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mercy
    Mercy
    Admin

Update Live - 4/11/2017 - First Major Update!! Empty Re: Update Live - 4/11/2017 - First Major Update!!

Post by Mercy Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:05 am

Please head on over to the "Client Download" area and download the new client! Smile

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 7:55 am